Cellcon Australia, a very successful & leading steelwork design and manufacturing company, offer a challenging and rewarding career to highly motivated and proactive Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson.
You will enjoy preparing drawings and designs for our production and project teams, based at our Dandenong South, Vic manufacturing facility, by:
- Preparing/modifying product models, drawings, plans and designs
- Developing and ensuring drawings conform to specifications, regulations and customer and production requirements
- Modify and maintain technical drawings
- Estimating material quantities and costs
- Ensuring that lead times and finished work on customer and production drawings are maintained
- Provide drawings for custom made products, equipment and plant.
Your degree in mechanical engineering (ideal) or trade qualifications (e.g. Cert Ill/ IV in Drafting, Detail drafting or Design), together with 12 months experience in drafting in a steel manufacturing environment, will see you continue to grow your skills. A background in custodial metalwork would be highly regarded.
Your suite of skills includes solid 3D modelling design, workshop drawing preparation, CNC machine programming, Amada, Multicam and Euromac, Jig design and experience in liaising with architects. You will also need excellent time management skills, coupled with very strong attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines. Good written and verbal communication skills and sound general computer literacy skills are essential; proficiency in SolidWorks is ideal.
On offer is a varied role, working on exciting new and existing projects and creative architectural solutions within a great team. Base salary is $65-75k negotiable, plus super. So, to re-engineer your career and give it a boost – please submit a cover letter and a resume asap for an immediate start!